Tuesday, April 14, 2009

And the Ballads Take Over...

Folks, this was probably one of my least favorite nights (next to Michael Jackson, of course). Everyone sang a slow, love song/ballad, with the exception of fantastic Adam Lambert. This proved to be an almost boring and predictable show. Hence, my comments on

THE TOP 7

Allison Iraheta
"I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith
from the movie "Armageddon"
I like the "doomsday" movies! Okay, just had to put that out there. Now, I thought this was a terrible song for Allison to sing. 1, it was too breathy at the beginning because 2, it was too low for her fantastic voice and 3, this was WAY too safe. She knew there was no way she could emulate Steven Tyler's vocals, so she dropped it a million keys and REALLY sounded like a smoker. And Paula, don't EVER put Allison and Adam in the same class...they can't compare. Anyhow, she's treading on thin ice, even if she is the better of the two girls. She is my #3 pick for my bottom 3.

Anoop "Dog" Desai
"Everything I Do, I Do it For You" by Bryan Adams
from the movie "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves"
I LOVE this movie (yes, it's because Kevin Costner shows his butt...so what) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Bryan Adams. He has the sexiest voice (even if he is starting to look a little unattractive). Um, yah, so Anoop sang his usual smooth vocals for his usual ballad. It was the same ole', same ole' for me. I think he'll be safe this week, but dude, step it up a notch, aight?

Adam Lambert
"Born to Be Wild" by Steppenwolf
from the movie "Easy Rider"
WHOOOOOOOOOOOO-EEEEEEEEE! Once again, totally awesome! That last note he hit was phenomenal. I actually kind of agreed with Simon, that last week was better than this week, but he still rocked the house. How has Adam never been signed before???? Unless AI pulls a Daughtry, Lambert is #1.

Matt Giraud
"When You Love a Woman" by Bryan Adams
from the movie "Don Juan DeMarco"
Loved the movie and again, LOVE B.A. With that said and done, Matt, oh Matt...I was so disappointed this time. I didn't like the performance at all. The song got so lost in his runs and he was really pitchy at the bridge. This was not a song for him at all. This definitely will put him in the bottom. In fact, he's my #2 pick for my bottom 3.

Danny Gokey
"Endless Love" by Lionel Ritchie
from the movie "Endless Love"
Same old Danny, same old powerful song, same old results. He hasn't brought anything different to the table. For this one time, I will agree with fellow blogger Renee and not like Danny tonight. But because he is so popular, he's just my alternate pick for tonight.

Kris Allen
"Falling Slowly" by the Frames
from the movie "Once"
I really liked this song. It was so pretty and beautiful. I love Kris' falsetto...I personally think he did a really good job tonight, even if Randy didn't like it. He could be the underdog...who knows!

Lil Rounds
"The Rose" by Bette Midler
from the movie "The Rose"
Oh Lil, Lil, Lil...this is awful. When will you find yourself? The gospel part of this song was actually very good, but the rest of it was horrible. I found myself cringing, especially at the end. I'm sorry sweetheart, but I think you need to go home. She's my #1 pick for my bottom 3.

FUN FACTS:
I LIKED that only 2 judges went each time, although I would have loved to hear Simon's comments on a few performances.

Why was Quentin Tarantino there? He's a director, not a musician. (Yes, I'm still asking why Paula is there too.)

Was anyone else shielding their eyes any time Paula stood up? Could she have had any more diamonds on her dress?

And what was up with Paula's comment about the road being long and hard to Lil? Yes, she lived through a tornado, but if she's talking about her stay on AI, save your breath.

BOTTOM 3
Lil Rounds
Matt Giraud
Allison Iraheta

ALTERNATE
Danny Gokey

Yes, this week we'll still be voting for 3...next week will be 2.

Comments? Agree? Disagree?

2 comments:

  1. hi!! i voted.. just for fun though.. cause i don't have a clue!! haha!! well... see ya soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Allison--my favorite song of the night. I liked Adam's song. It was fun and realy showed again his vocal range and control. Anoop sang well. Kris is cute and he sang a good song for him. Danny made a poor song choice / big mistake in my opinion. I think Lil is going home this week. She has gone a long way to her credit (in this contest). Matt was off his game this week too. He may be the one voted off--if not this week, next week maybe.

    ReplyDelete