Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Anything and Everything

The theme, Most Popular Downloads...is that even a theme? Hmm...didn't look so hot, so here goes:

THE TOP 9

Anoop Desai

"Caught Up" by Usher

I'm afraid that I might have to agree with the judges on this one. Anoop has got such a smooth style, but clearly this was not a good song for him to sing tonight. There are some people who just sound good with a few styles and this style was not it for Anoop. He's been so up and down the last couple of weeks. I don't think he's going to last much longer. Anoop, you're my #2 pick for my Bottom 3.

Megan Corkrey
"Turn Your Lights Down Low" by Bob Marley
Oh Sanjaya...OOPS! I mean, oh Megan. Seriously, she needs to go home. This show is not right for her. She's jazz-styled and that's it. Why did she pick this song to sing? Why does she pick any song that she sings? I haven't heard one REALLY good performance from her. If she remains on this show, it's purely based on her looks and nothing else. Megan, you're my #1 pick for my Bottom 3.

Danny Gokey

"What Hurts the Most" by Rascal Flatts
I really like the timbre of Danny's voice. Ballads are definitely his cup of tea. He really pulled this one out tonight; such a good performance. I think, though, he needs to be careful about the ballads. I agree with this statement: "Danny is good, but this might be all that he is going to bring." Step it up, Danny!

Allison Iraheta

"Don't Speak" by No Doubt

Um, Allison? What's up with your spikey hair? This song didn't really show off anything spectacular. Why didn't she pick a more contemporary piece? Don't get me wrong, I love No Doubt, but maybe Spiderwebs would have been more fun...Allison is my alternate pick.

Scott MacIntyre
"Just the Way You Are" by Billy Joel
Okay, this week, Scott really sang well. Obviously, he's comfortable behind the piano. I mean, it would look pretty awkward with him just standing there singing. Anyhow, it was surprisingly good and I don't expect him to be voted off just yet.

Matt Giraud

"You Found Me" by the Fray

Gosh, how I love his voice! I really like this song and think he did a great job on it. There was a part at the beginning that sounded a little off, but at the end, when he went into his falsetto, oh yah! This was a good song choice for him; definitely not a style I thought he would choose, but he sang it well.

Lil Rounds

"I Surrender" by Celine Dion
This just wasn't Lil's style. I don't understand why she picked this song at all...I mean, she could have added her flavor, but she seemed, oh I don't know, too hesitant? R&B is clearly her thang...maybe she needs to stick to it. I think Lil is my #3 pick for my Bottom 3.

Adam Lambert

"Play That Funky Music" by Wild Cherry
Adam delivers yet another over the top performance, but man, oh man! I like how he slowed down the verse and sped it up for the chorus. He's very original and probably one of the most memorable. Top 2 anyone?

Kris Allen
"Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Withers
Fantastic! And I didn't know he could play the piano too! I think Kris could be the secret competition. Yes, he's a cutie, but his performances are always so fresh. Hmm, tomorrow should be interesting!

BOTTOM 3
Megan Corkrey
Anoop Desai
Lil Rounds

ALTERNATE
Allison Iraheta

Comments? Agree? Disagree?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Cassandra,

    I pretty much agree with your picks on this one. And in the exact order that you ranked them. With the exception of your alternate where I would place Scott instead of Allison.

    If I had to pick a top 3 it would be
    #1 Kris
    #2 Adam
    #3 Danny

    It's going to be interesting tonight to see if we will get any surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan will be going home, but I don't think Alison or Matt should feel too comfortable. They are both in danger I bet (undeservedly... I just don't think the public likes them as much).

    I just hope Scott is safe this week, and then he can go home next week or whatever. He is trying SO HARD, and it's endearing.

    Danny is getting easier to watch, but I'm still not convinced.

    ReplyDelete