Wednesday, March 11, 2009

13? Maybe a Good 4 or 5...

Okay, so I was travelling last week and didn't get a chance to blog. Let's talk about last night:

I was disappointed that they chose a Michael Jackson theme. He's too hard to sing to and really, I don't think there are many good songs to choose from. MJ is a class of his own...

THE TOP 13

Lil Rounds: "The Way You Make Me Feel"
Simon said this was a lazy choice for a song and I have to agree. She has a fantastic voice and did a good job, but definitely an easy song choice. She'll definitely be around for next week.

Scott MacIntyre: "Keep the Faith"
Thank you for playing the piano, Scott. I think it helped him to make the song his own. He doesn't have a fantastic voice, but he's definitely an original. Good song choice.

Danny Gokey: "PYT"
I love Danny! He's one of my favorites for sure! I think he did a really good job last night. We'll be seeing a lot more from him.

Michael Sarver: "You Are Not Alone"
As Bryce says, starting out sitting on the steps is a sure way to get voted off. Michael has a really good R & B voice, but this song wasn't fantastic. Very mellow, smooth, but he'd better be careful. Bryce gives him the boot, but I think he's safe for this week.

Jasmine Murray: "I'll Be There"
Jasmine needs to be careful with her song choices or she'll find herself off of the show. She has a pretty voice and sang well last night, but it sounded like a high school talent show in my opinion. She's one of my alternate choices for tonight.

Kris Allen: "Remember the Time"
Very original take with the guitar to be sure. He has a wonderful voice and great personality, but this song was just weird for me. I think it fell apart towards the end. He's my second alternate choice for the night.

Allison Iraheta: "Give it To Me"
She has such a good voice, so raspy, but this song was retarded for me. It didn't show off her range or power and I felt a little awkward watching a 16 year-old sing this song. But she's too good to leave just yet.

Anoop Desai: "Beat It"
Oh no! Why this song? It didn't show off his voice, it was so plain...unfortunately for Anoop-Dog, he's my 2nd choice for my bottom 3. Poor Anoop. Maybe fate will be kind, but then he'd better step it up a notch.

Jorge Nunez: "Never Can Say Good-Bye"
Why is he on this show? He has an okay voice, but this song sounded like it belonged on a Latin radio station (no offense to any Latin music lovers, but it was too weird). It seemed to "showy" for me. He's my 3rd choice for my bottom 3.

Megan Corkrey: "Rockin' Robin"

This song was so wrong in so many ways. It was the most awkward performance I have ever seen. She seemed so weird singing this song. I'm sure she has a great voice, but this did not showcase anything for me. She's my 1st choice for my bottom 3.

Adam Lambert: "Black and White"

Why Adam has not been signed to any label is beyond me. He has such a unique voice. I'm so glad to see him in the Top 13 and I can see him making it to the Top 3 for sure. I think he stole the show at that point.

Matt Giraud: "Natural"

Oh, so smooth and mellow! I loved this performance. He had a fantastic falsetto. Bryce immediately compared him to Justin Timberlake and I agreed. Keep it up Matt and you'll make it in this competition.

Alexis Grace: "Dirty Diana"

This girl can sing! This was a great song choice for her; her style for sure. This was one of the few good performances tonight. Seeing that voice come out of her little body is a shock, but still wonderful!

BOTTOM 3:
Megan Corkrey
Anoop Desai
Jorge Nunez

ALTERNATES:
Jasmine Murray
Kris Allen

Tune in tonight to see which two get voted off and brings us to our Top 11.

Comments? Agree? Disagree?

1 comment:

  1. My take:
    Scott McIntyre - the song did not showcase his voice at all. Really very safe and quite forgettable.
    Noop Dogg - He just doesn't have the talent for portraying himself. The song was okay, but where are those pipes? He should try the "Suave" approach if he survives, but I doubt it.
    Michael Sarver - actually sang really good. He's got a great voice and the song showed it.
    Megan Corkrey - is HOT! She will get by on the pretty blond vote for a few weeks. And she can sing.
    Jasmine Murray needs to drop Mom off at the pool, so that she can get a little sexy. Way to controlled to shine.
    Kris Allen - pretty cool rendition, but he was hemmed in by the guitar. He could have showed the band guitarist how to play it, or had him come out of the band pit and play.
    My Picks - Noop, Scott and Jasmine.

    ReplyDelete