Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hollywood Week, Part Two: Down to 54

Before I begin, I realize that I didn't post about Hollywood Week, Part One. This is because I only saw about 10 minutes of the first night and nothing of the second night. Sigh. We need DVR or Tivo.

Anyhow, I was pleased with the format of last night's show. They showed a lot of performances and only a little drama. Speaking of drama, I seriously hope that Tatiana Del Toro gets the boot tonight. She doesn't deserve to be in the Top 36, Top 24 or the Top 12. I don't think she even deserved to go onto the selection for tonight, but whatever. I don't think she sings that well either.

I LOVE Jamar Rogers (Hey There Delilah) and Danny Gokey (I Hope You Dance). Both of them have the chops to make it to the Top 12, in my opinion. Does it make a difference if I said I really like the song "Hey There Delilah"??

I didn't like Scott MacIntyre's version of "Home" by Daughtry. I don't think the vocals were as good as his audition. The funny thing is, every news piece I've read with him mentioned in it (strictly speaking, last night only), says that he did a great job. Hmm. Don't agree with that at all.

Not a big Norman Gentle fan either. I think that says it all.

I've got to give Stephen Fowler props for trying with "Time of My Life" (don't own the David Cook CD yet...you should...totally rocks). I was glad to see he made it through to tonight's round simply because he has the chops, but nerves totally got the best of him. Hey, if Brooke White can restart a song on live tv, what's wrong with restarting during Hollywood Week? Oh, maybe the chance that you won't even make it to the Top 12? We'll see.

Overall, I really enjoyed last night's show. I'm anxious to see who our Top 36 will be. Tune in tomorrow to find out!

Comments? Agree? Disagree?

No comments:

Post a Comment