Thursday, January 14, 2010

Boston Auditions

And we're off! What a great episode to start off with! There was the perfect combination of bad auditions and good auditions. Of course, the usual bad auditions made me yell at the tv: "Okay. You're done, they said no, so LEAVE! Just leave! Stop arguing!" But it never fails. They try to convince the judges that they have what it takes. Sigh. To all the mothers out there who lie to their children...you're never going to help them by doing that.

Anyways, today we started the auditions of in

Boston
otherwise known as:
The City on a Hill
Bean Town
City of Champions
The Olde Towne

As you know, Paula has left the building and the guest judges are back. Victoria Beckham (who will be known forever as Posh Spice) was the guest judge.
Looking gaunt and stick-like as usual, she "spiced" up the auditions (I know, bad joke). What is V known for? The Spice Girls! Oh yes, at one point in your life, you grooved to "Wannabe" and probably watched Spice World.

Overall, the judges did a great job as usual lowering self-esteem and giving self-esteem all in the same 2 hours. V did hold her own and seemed to be a great addition. I wouldn't have minded her becoming the fourth judge.

But let's take a look at some of the more memorable auditions:

Maddie Curtis, age 16: When they did her bio, I thought, 'Oh please. This one...you can't break her heart.' But MAN did she blow every 16 year old geek out of the water! What a voice! She sang "Hallelujah" (made famous on the show by Jason Castro- Season 7) and my heart melted.

Pat Ford: Oh no. He danced better than he sang, but he sang Britney's "Womanizer". Um, HOLLA!

Amadeo DiRocco, age 28: Hey Mambo...Mambo Italiano! I will say this: I did NOT expect that voice to come out of him. It was pretty darn amazing. He has that like-ability factor for sure. I expect to see him in the semi-finals.

Luke Shaffer, age 24 and Ben Bright, age 25: Both were pretty good, but we'll see...they didn't stand out to me.

Andrew Fenlon: Cheeky Simon, meet Equally Cheeky Andrew. What sass. What nerve. How dare you upset the great Kara! Sigh. I think the judges way overreacted with this dude. He didn't have a terrible voice, in my opinion. Maybe a bad delivery, but not a bad voice. I liked him.

Ashley Rodriguez, age 21: She had a pretty voice, but it wasn't a wow for me. She might do a good job in Hollywood. Guess it doesn't hurt that she's good looking too...

Tyler Grady, age 19: I thought this was going to be a disaster, with the way he looked and all, but hey! Alright! Yah baby! He had a great voice. He will definitely be one to watch for.

Lisa Olivero, age 24: There is a reason why most people can't sing Mariah Carey songs...because they're stinkin' hard! She was flat, it was awful...and it lasted way too long in my opinion.

Katy Stevens, age 16: Wow! I can't believe this girl was 16. We're definitely getting some young action in this year!

Justin Williams, age 27: Here is where I'm worried. He had a decent voice. I liked him a lot. However, he's a cancer survivor. Will he get votes based on the fact that he's a survivor or will he get votes because of his voice? I guess it's the same basis as the really good looking ones (think Haley Scarnato and her legs-Season 6). And he's from UT...major Mormon state, and if I remember correctly, he's LDS.

Bosa Mora, age 22: He was cool and I loved his mom. I want a headdress now.

Leia Lorenzi, age 22: Very unique and such a big voice! Can't wait to see what she does in Hollywood.

Overall, 31 people went through to Hollywood. Not a bad number at all for a start!
Next we hit up Atlanta, GA!

No comments:

Post a Comment