Thursday, January 14, 2010

Atlanta Auditions

We head to the South where Idol greats such as Fantasia, Clay Aiken, Jennifer Hudson auditioned from... Let's go to

Atlanta
otherwise known as
The Big Peach
Capital of the South
Hotlanta

Our guest judge this time is none other than Mary J. Blige (I unabashedly think she's hot...there, I said it). A HUGE R&B superstar, she has sold over 40 million albums, has won 9 Grammys and known as the Queen of Hip-Hop Soul. I think she knows what she's talking about. (Did I mention she's hot?)

I expected a lot of soul and country and that's pretty much what we got. Let's break it down:

Keia Johnson, age 26: A former Miss Congeniality (snicker), she BLEW it out of the water. Great voice and I seriously want hair like hers. It was awesome. Oh, and Bryce really liked her butt in those neon yellow pants she was wearing.

Jermaine Sellers, age 26: When he said he was going to sing "What if God Was One of Us" by Joan Osborne, I thought, 'Ummmm.' What an obscure song. But he did a really good job; a great spin for sure. And whoo, he has some pipes.

Kristy Marie Agronow: O. M. G. I didn't even know what to think. 411 the Show! Um, anyways...too dramatic. Definitely a tv host persona, but not a good singer at all. Yikes.

Vanessa Wolf: At first I thought that she had a really annoying, whiny voice, but the closer I listened, the more unique it sounded. Kara said it was authentic, Simon said distinct. I agree with both. She'll be interesting to follow. And I'm sorry, but Bryce and I busted up laughing when she said she would get to fly on an...wait for it....AERO-PLANE! She said it exactly like that. Oh yah. One to watch for.

Holly Harden, a.k.a. Guitar Girl: Um, her talking voice was annoying, her outfit was (what's a good word...garish maybe?) awful, but her singing voice wasn't bad. I predict she will not last long in Hollywood. Too much for her.

Mallorie Haley, age 20: What a very nice, pleasant-to-listen-to, country voice. I liked her.

SKII-BO-SKI: HOLLA! Oh, this was too much. I think I laughed almost the entire time. I can't believe he actually made it. Come on, say it with me, Skii-bo-ski baby!

Lauren Sanders, age 18 and Carmen Turner, age 19: BFFs with WAY too much make-up. Um, let's see: best friends trying out for a reality show is asking for trouble. Lauren sounded HORRIBLE and Carmen was not bad. One makes it, the other doesn't. But to be honest, Carmen sounded like she was shouting a little. She'll be done before she knows it.

Brian Walker, age 25: All I can say is SEX-AY VOCALS! Yumma.

Lamar Royal, age 20: Profession: DRAMA QUEEN. Always got to be someone.

And last, but not least by a mile, may I present to you:

PANTS ON THE GROUND
by General Larry Platt

Believe me, you'll be singing it all night long. Until next time, in Chicago, this is Cassandra, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment