Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Down to the Good Stuff

This was probably my favorite episode so far. All of the performances were above-average and honestly, it can be anyone's game at this point. Let's dig in to our

TOP 3

Danny Gokey
Paula's Choice: "Dance, Little Sister" by Terence Trent D'Arby

I don't know the song, but I wanted to get up and dance myself when Danny was singing this (alas, I had a baby sitting in my lap at the time...she might not have been too happy about being removed). I thought it was classy, upbeat (thank the Lord it wasn't a ballad) and a fantastic performance overall. It was the perfect choice for his voice; he hit all the right notes at the right time. Just fantastic!

Personal Choice: "You Are So Beautiful" by Joe Cocker
This could have been a tear-jerker. Danny pulled off an absolutely beautiful rendition of this song. I'm surprised he didn't start crying himself. Again, a perfect song choice. He was able to play with it a little and made it worth listening to (not that the original isn't).

Kris Allen
Randy/Kara's Choice: "Apologize" by One Republic

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this song and was so excited that he was going to be singing it. On one hand, I see where Kara was coming from; the song was not changed in almost any ways, but sorry Kara, Kris still sang it so well. I seriously was grinning the whole time. And Simon did have a point; if she had wanted Kris to do something different with it, maybe she should have said something from the beginning. I thought it was really good.

Personal Choice: "Heartless" by Kanye West
I'm not a huge Kanye fan, but I do like this song and thought Kris totally rocked! It was a fun song choice and I hope he doesn't ever regret picking it. It was definitely something different and I think that it might have been the shoe to kick him up a notch.

Adam Lambert
Simon's Choice: "One" by U2

Like I didn't see that coming; the most obnoxious judge picking the song for the most talented performer on the show. Ha! Of course, Adam did a fantastic job with the song. He sounded a little shrieky, but hey, I guess it's just his style. The high notes were awesome and he definitely rocked the stage.

Personal Choice: "Cryin'" by Aerosmith
Steven Tyler has the range, so why not? Awesome job on the song; it was a great song choice for his style of singing. Has he ever pulled in an actual BAD performance? No...maybe not my favorites tonight, but he's a shoe-in for tomorrow for shizzle.

So, I'm torn between Danny and Kris. They both did fantastic tonight; yes, Danny has a huge fan base, but obviously, so does Kris since he made it this far. But because I think Danny has a larger fan base than Kris, I'm going to pick Kris as the one to leave tomorrow night. He's a cutie, has a nice voice to listen to and has been fun to watch, but I think Danny overshadowed him just a little bit tonight.

But I won't be surprised if it's the other way around. Kris pulled in some good performances tonight. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

LEAVING TOMORROW
Kris Allen

Comments? Agree? Disagree?

1 comment:

  1. I also guess that Kris will be going home--but I agree they are all winners at this point. This was a good year to watch. I enjoyed it. I believe Adam deserves to win. He has been consistantly fantastic! He can go straight to Vegas or Broadway or and stage!

    ReplyDelete