Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Classic Rock = Some Classic Performances

Okay, all together: "Oooh, Slaaash."

Now that that's out of our system, I have to say that all the performances were great. I honestly didn't think that Kris and Allison would make it as far as they have, but they do have some great pipes.

The Top 4

Adam Lambert
"Whole Lotta Love" by Led Zepplin

Seriously, why hasn't he been signed to a label before this? He's got this amazing talent and has never pulled an actual BAD performance. This guy is in it to win and I think that his rendition of this song was boss (yah, I said boss). He only gets me more and more excited for the finale!

Allison Iraheta
"Cry Baby" by Janis Joplin

I think she pulled off a decent version of this song. She totally has the voice to sing Joplin too. Yah, maybe a different Joplin song would have been better (how about Bobby McGee), but she still rocked the house. And to be honest, I really REALLY liked her hair tonight! Buuuut, because she's the only girl left, I'm thinking she's my #2 pick to go home.

Kris Allen
"Come Together" by the Beatles

Nope, this did not cut it for me. All I kept thinking of was Carly Smithson's rendition of this song, which blew his out of the water. It was a little too folksy for me, a little too laid back. He's my #1 pick to go home. Sorry Kris!

Danny Gokey
"Dream On" by Aerosmith

Hmm. I was torn on this performance. I thought he was doing good, then he pulled out those high notes and they sounded really raspy and pushed. I just don't know. If he didn' t have a huge fan base behind him, I would say that he was in danger of going home. He's my alternate pick for the night, but I think he'll be safe.

I really liked the duets a lot. I think that Danny and Kris really complimented each other and so did Adam and Allison. With that being said, I agreed with Simon that Allison singing with Adam might have saved her this week. It's so true. They really did well.

Rumors are swirling that Kara isn't going to be around for next season (oh well...she's not bringing anything different to the show) and that maybe Simon won't be around (now that's a shame because I almost always agree with him). Guess we'll have to wait and see.

BOTTOM 2
Kris Allen
Allison Iraheta

ALTERNATE
Danny Gokey

Make sure you're only voting for your Bottom 2!!!

Comments? Agree? Disagree?

3 comments:

  1. I agree that Adam has not given us a bad song the whole season! He is a rocker! He and Allison should do something together on the tour. Hey Allison, LOVE THE HAIR! That hair dresser will be busy from now on. I love Danny, but, OH MY GOD!!! That scream at the end did sound like someone waking from a nightmare! Simon got it right again. Sorry Kris, I love you but, we'll see you on tour.

    I believe that the whole night suffered mostly because there was way too much sound volume on stage. I don't think ANYONE could hear themselves or the instruments they needed to hear to get their vocals. I think there was an older, near deaf, egotistical, band on stage who are used to having everything the way they like it: (LOUD & LOUDER). They weren't up there to "back up" the singers. All the comments from Slash were a little negative.
    Last week Jamie Fox did a surprisingly good job of helping bring the best out in everyone. Jamie's comments highlighted each contestant's best element.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you know Danny is STILL my favorite, but I didn't like the way he ended that song last night...ewww, painful :( But I think he's safe and it'll get down to him and Adam. i actually think Allison will go home before Kris :) we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bottom 2: Kris and Danny.

    Could not STAND Danny last night. I look at Adam and I see confident. I look at Danny and see smug.

    ReplyDelete